Rome wasn’t built in a day. Want to make a difference? We are constantly looking for dynamic, vibrant individuals who aspire to help make the country a better place with their enthusiasm and skills.
Researcher (Economics and Social Policy)
We are seeking a high-performing, established researcher to join our team with particular focus on Economics and Social policies research and policy advocacy.
– Develop and lead an end to end research project cycle, coordinating and developing resources to achieve research outcome.
– Plan, design, manage and conduct research studies on various social and economic topics, within the overall focus themes decided on at organizational level. Develop research methodology and use of appropriate research techniques and tools.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and interpret qualitative and quantitative data (databases) and ensure the accuracy and validity of data and information. Independently or collectively prepare a credible analysis based on the datasets.
- Conduct surveys to collect primary data, using appropriate methodologies and prepare and structure those data into workable format.
- Derive data and analysis from secondary data sources and provide various new analyses and different perspectives on that data.
– Assist in the performance of research projects by gathering and analyzing information, develop and coordinate preparation of material for inclusion in reports.
– Plan, lead and participate in communication and policy advocacy efforts with media and other stakeholders.
- Strengthen institutional relationships and communication with government agencies and other stakeholders such as GLCs, corporates, academic institutions and NGOs.
– To develop and coordinate resources and researchers in conducting research activities to achieve the research department’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
– At least a bachelor or master degree in economics, business, finance, statistics or similar fields.
– Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the field of research (academic or policy-related). Experience in conducting and analysing research based on quantitative and qualitative primary datasets, as well as secondary sources (e.g. DOSM data.)
– Strong organizational skills, project management experience and a team player.
– Focused on analytical rigour and attention to detail.
– Ability to communicate research findings to non-technical audiences and facilitate group discussions. Experience in media commentary is a plus.
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2021
To apply, please submit your latest CV, a cover letter and recent written works to email@example.com
Librarian Internship (1 – 3 months)
As part of our mission to empower the society through knowledge sharing, our Library for Social Democracy, established in 2016 serves a wide collections of books, periodicals, government papers and reports.
We require a keen personnel to provide short term support to help catalogue and classify our library resources. No subject specific knowledge or expertise is required for this role. Of course, a passion for books and a thirst for knowledge would make it that much more enjoyable!
Take the first step, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be in touch.
If you have expertise and wish to contribute to a better Malaysia, we have the platform to maximize the effectiveness of your efforts. Our past research work have covered a wide range of topics such as education, healthcare, housing, transport, resource management, sustainability and institutional reforms to say the least.